The Italian Ministry of Justice is leading two EU projects, named Derad and Training Aid, aimed to train Penitentiary staff, Law Enforcement Agencies, and judges in 26 Member States on counter-radicalisation.
As part of these two projects we are designing seven training modules, which will be delivered to 2000 frontline practitioners at national level in the two-year period 2018-2019. The First Training of the Trainers (ToT) will be held on 18-22 September 2017 at the Centre of Excellence for Stability Police Units (CoSEPU) in Vicenza.
In this framework, our e-learning training platform on counter-radicalisation will be launched.
The key training topics are:
- Evolution of the radicalisation models;
- Radicalisation within prisons;
- Tools to detect radical dynamics in prison;
- Management of information and data protection legislation;
- Methodologies to design rehabilitation programs in prison;
- Framework directives FD 909/829/947 and prevention of radical escalations.
Trainers will be selected from the following countries, granting a proper geographical representation: Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Malta, Cyprus, Greece, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, the Netherland, Belgium, Ireland, Sweden, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Bulgaria, Romania.