Chair: Irina van der Vet, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Institute for European Studies, Belgium
- 9:30 - 10:00 – Coffee and croissants
- 10:00 – 10:30 Welcome and introduction. Prof. J. Peter Burgess, Ecole Normale Supérieure (Paris), Scientific Coordinator for FP7 SOURCE project
Session 1. Presentations of key deliverables: sharing good practices and unique approaches
- 10:30 - 11:00 – Building resilience to violent extremism as part of Strengthening Resilience in MENA programme. Sheelagh Stewart, British Council Lead on Conflict and Stability, UK.
- 11:00 - 11:30 – Public-Private Cooperation beyond barriers (Projects: DERAD, DG Justice and Training Aid, DG HOME). Sergio Bianchi, Director of Agenfor International, Researcher on radicalisation and de-radicalisation policies at the Ministry of Justice, Italy.
- 11:30 - 12:00 – Shedding light on criminal organisations with social and computer sciences (H2020 “Proton” Project). Giulio Mazzolo, Project Manager at Fondazione iCons/youris.com, Italy.
- 12:00 - 12:30 – Radicalisation in the online sphere (H2020 Red Alert Project). Uri Ben Yaakov, Director of Development and Senior Researcher at ICT, Israel.
- 12:30 - 13:30 – Networking lunch
Session 2. Project design vs fragmentation
- 13:30 - 14:00 – Towards a new generation of CVEs in Europe: Challenges and obstacles (H2020 Mindb4Act). Francisco Andres, Project Coordinator at Elcano Royal Institute, Spain.
- 14:00 - 14:30 – Developing a societal approach to radicalisation research (H2020 DARE). Prof. Hilary Pilkington, School of Social Sciences, University of Manchester, UK.
Session 3: Maximizing impact of project outcomes during funding and in the aftermath
- 14:30 - 15:00 – From FP7 VALCRI to H2020 MAGNETO: Project outcomes and legal practices.Thomas Marquenie, Researcher at CiTiP, KU Leuven, Belgium.
- 15:00 - 15:20 – SOURCE project: Experimenting on how to create use value from research for different communities (FP7 SOURCE project). Ólöf Söebech, project researcher, VUB-IES, Belgium.
- 15:20 - 15:35 – Coffee
Session 4. Overview of the day and mapping exercise
- 15:35 - 16:10 – Conclusions, discussion and remarks. Irina van der Vet & Ólöf Söebech. VUB IES, Belgium.
- 16:10 - 17:00 – Closing drinks and refreshments