The Objectives of the project are:
- Address gaps in JHA cross-border cooperation through the expansion and coordination of existing training networks;
- Design new innovative legal training contents;
- Deliver up-scalable and modular Toolkit of the Toolkits to accommodate national differences to counter radicalization while enhancing Fundamental Rights.
The foreseen Activities of the project are:
- 5 Training Living Labs (TLL) to jurisdictionalize preventive practices in all European regions for 50 interagency experts;
- Handbook (1000 copies) to train trainers on the use of judiciary measures as a Risk Reduction Tool, case-law of ECtHR, CJEU, FRA and EC Guidelines;-Comprehensive Packages for Delivering Large Scale Training on Radicalisation composed by 5 new training modules framed within the HERMES LMS;
- 2 ToT (26 particpants) and 56 Interagency Training Courses, to strengthen the existing network of National Trainers to reinforce Police and Judicial Cooperation aimed at the Prevention of Radicalisation in 26 MSs;
- International Dissemination:1 Int’l Conference+Multimedia Campaign.
Persons benefiting from the project:
- 113 among judges, court staff, investigative judge, public prosecutors, and lawyers;
- 113 LEAs;
- 500 Prison Police, prison staff and surveillance judges/courts;
- 75 Private Experts.
The Expected results of the project are:
- an increased capacity of national authorities to address issues related to judicial cooperation in cases of radicalisation;
- to align the EU acquis and relevant case-law of the CJEU/ECtHR with EU Charter of Fundamental Rights and other international instruments;
- the reinforcement of the existing network of contact points of Judicial training providers.
The members of the JP-COOPS Consortium are:
- UNIVERSITY OF MALTA – COORDINATOR;
- UNIVERSIDAD REY JUAN CARLOS (SPAIN);
- FONDAZIONE AGENFOR INTERNATIONAL (ITALY);
- CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF DEMOCRACY (BULGARIA);
- KEMEA (GREECE);
- HOCHSCHULE FUR OFFENTLICHE VERWALTUNG (GERMANY);
- THE INSTITUTE FOR EUROPEAN STUDIES (IES) AT THE VRIJE UNIVERSITEIT BRUSSEL (BELGIUM);
- THE CENTRE FOR RISK AND DECISION SCIENCES (CERIDES) AT THE EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY CYPRUS (CYPRUS);
- ASSOCIATION MILITANTS DES SAVOIRS (FRANCE);
- CZECH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY (CZECH REPUBLIC).
This project has received fundings from the European Commission Directorate-General Justice and Consumers under the Agreement no. 807032.